Monday, November 7, 2011

a little too thin

We have busy mornings on Monday.

I'm up early usually. I get coffee'd up, work on a few projects, mess around on the internet by checking in with Ravelry and Facebook, get logged in to OSU for school, and enjoy the 'pre-child wake-up" time.

I started a sweater I've been meaning to make for years. It's exciting that I'm making headway on projects. Christmas is coming, and we handcrafters are always thinking months in advance. Things that we make take time and planning and organization- things that handcrafters don't have a whole lot of.

I was sitting here, reading, knitting, drinking coffee. The kids wake up. I start moving around with breakfast, laundry, getting Joe dressed, etc.

Kids are ready to go to school. It is pouring rain out.
Typical morning.
I sit back down to knit some more- missing a needle. It was right here when I got up to take care of kids.

I look around me. I stand up. Nothing.
Okay, so I re-trace my steps. Pearl is not graced with stuff like 'square feet', so there is not a whole lot of places it could get lost in. NOTHING.

Kids are off to school, I'm on the verge of losing it. I secretly blame them for intentionally ruining my morning, although I know they didn't touch my knitting needles.
I decide to take a shower.
As I go to pull off my hoodie, there was a yank on my hair. Pain and realization rips through my head.
My knitting needle was in my ponytail, right were I put it.

I'm still blaming the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment