Thursday, April 15, 2010

How to move a mattress



This is my new mattress. It's a Queen. Did you know memory foam could smash up into a box?



This is how I got the old mattress out. The walls were creaking from the pressure of the mattress wanting to open up flat.


This is how I got it out the door. I was sweating by this time. (No extra help happened to be around.. hmm)



Aaand, This is how I got it outside. What a pain in the arse! I swear they built the trailer around the mattress.



This is what the new mattress looked like right out of the box. I had to get it back into the bedroom and cut open the plastic bag around it and- voila! popped right open! It took about 45 minutes to fully open, but OH how comfy it is!!


Aaand, This is what happens when a knitter is sick, and has full access to the internet, and some Tax Return money to spend! The yarn is Knit Picks Alpaca/wool/silk blend, and the pattern is an Entrelac beret and matching mittens. I will probably just make Mitts though. So Soft! and my camera didn't do the colors justice.

I'm wishing more and more I had more time to knit and make things, but college has got me sooo swamped. I love blogging, so I will update when I can. Thanks to any and all who read, but I would enjoy a comment or two.
Enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. I believe technical difficulties made the photos go away. I better fix that. Apologies!

    ReplyDelete