Thursday, October 14, 2010

Visiting

I have been taking a Math 111 (that's college Algebra) for Fall Term. (I have taken it once before, but didn't do as well as I'd like.. too much on my plate that time around) I am also paying for it out-of-pocket, which wasn't planned, but didn't have much choice. The interesting thing about this time, is the teacher. She's Russian. She posesses a thick accent. She's kinda feisty. She has a PhD. And, she knows her math. What's even cooler than that, is I UNDERSTAND her. Every concept, idea, and discussion. Every word. Dudes, if any of you ever took math in college, or high school, you will feel the waves of jealousy flood over you.. (unless you are like me and think math is totally cool).

The other thing I did, was head to Eastern Oregon to visit family, and go to my cousin's wedding. Not only did I not get wedding photos, I even forgot to get some good ones of my soon-to-be 87 year old grandmother. How lame is that?

I did manage to take other pictures.








Just wandered around the ranch and took shots of things that interested me. I hope you enjoy them too.
Off to Math class, and learning more about Shifts, Reflections, and Transformations. It's amazing. EVERYTHING has an equation. Well, at least that is the claim.

I just prefer the paycheck at the end of this ordeal. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment