Sunday, October 3, 2010

Layke


I named this one Layke. This wool is from an old stash of my mother's. You don't find a good turquoise blue around much (unless of course, you make it yourself).. That, my pretties, is yet another course of action I intend to take as soon as I graduate from college. I will have a spinning wheel, oh yesss!



Another view, my pretty daughter's hair looking great with that hat.


The decreases were fun to design!
















A view of the Diamond pattern. Just a 13-stitch repeat I was playing with. I think hats, mittens and scarves are a good way to practice a  stitch pattern for preparing to work up to a Jumper.





This is my very own February Lady sweater I started almost a year ago. I finally got it out of the UFO drawer and finished the increases (there were only two rows of increases left- what was I thinking!) and working the first Gull stitch repeat. The yarn is Cascade 220 in Plum Heather. Love this yarn!



You can see the heathered look in the fiber here close up. It's amazing how all those different colors enhance the purple.


I had forgotten about the stitch markers I made. Aren't they fun? Also a better look at the wonderful yarn. That's a Garter Stitch pattern for you that are curious about what I'm doing.




Here are a couple more stitch markers. I just used jump rings, some favorite beads and finding, and - Voila!
If you want me to make you some, I could put together a set of 8 for $30 to include S&H.



A couple more. I love turtles! These little guys really make knitting fun! Little luxuries other than plastic really make the whole journey through the process very satistfying. For me, knitting  is that and so much more.

























And, finally, my pretty ball of Cascade 220. 

Now, I need to get back to the Math homework. First quiz is tomorrow! Equations of circles, the Distance formula, and Domain and Range are what's happening. Love it!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment