Sunday, September 26, 2010

Finishings

I proudly present to you a finished project or two! *BIG happy self-satisfactory smile here* :

My daughter showing us "Faug"







































Closeup of seed stitch. K1,P1, then on the next round K the p and P the k. Repeat.


This is "Smaug", Fisherman's wool slouchy beanie. I made two so far. I will probably make more! They are very versatile and handsome. For Men and Women.





Another angle. Sadie looks really good in these!



Love the way these sit on a head.





Yet another Pirate Hat. I LOVE this pattern. I am going to have to design one of my own though, SO many people want one and I don't want to breach the copywright thing.


I knitted it up using Knit Picks Telemark Yarn, in Black and Natural.  







































My only issue with this was the pattern. Otherwise a joy to knit and beginners with the basic skills of knitting in-the-round, you should be able to whip one of these out. Skulls are IN, baby!!

I start school TOMORROW (erk!). Not looking forward to cutting into my knitting time, but a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do to feed these kids, keep a roof over their head, have a car to drive, etc..

Update on video. After much thought, I think I will do live broadcast, then modify as I go along. I am not a 'script' kind of person, and after following my mentor's lead, I think you will enjoy learning to knit, and knit along with me as well. I am really excited about the fun to be had!

1 comment:

  1. Your hats look great, Marilyn! About your copyright concerns, I looked up the pattern and found the copyright statement: "All content and photos are © Hello Yarn. All rights reserved. These patterns are for personal and non-profit use only. This means you can knit for yourself, for a gift, for charity, or for a charity auction/sale. You can print out the patterns for friends, if you wish, as long as you print straight from my site so the copyright information is intact. You may not sell items made from these patterns for profit or give these patterns away in your store in an attempt to sell yarn." So you can knit as many as you want as long as you comply with the terms. Woohoo! Pirate hats for everyone on your gift list!

    ReplyDelete