Thursday, September 9, 2010

Feeling the Changes

Isn't this a pretty flower? It's in a bouquet  Dave sent me at work.

Only a girl understands the feeling when your name is paged over the intercom- "Marilyn, please come to the front office".. and even though you might suspect because- well.. you were sorta "warned" a day or two in advance..(darned texting!) but wasn't quite prepared for your heart to go all  a-flutter, and then ShaZaM! There they are, all pretty and smelly and all the office ladies are asking questions, and you are in the spotlight turning all shades of the flowers you're holding and. .WHOA! did I just lose it there a minute? ME? going all gaga over flowers? Oh HELL yeah!!
I don't care how feminine you are or aren't, or your views on the issue, Flowers from a guy are just the coolest! As cool as a good soft skein of  Alpaca/silk blend you found at a second hand store in the bottom of the Acrylic pile for 99cents! (Okay, it is totally way much cooler than that, but I had to say something knitterly cool about it). Thanks, Dave! Love ya!





































Joe, Mom and I went fo a walk a few days ago, and I took a bunch of pics. I really wanted to catch the essence of innocence with Joe running with the dogs in boyish abandonment. THEN I noticed the side event going on in the foreground.. (!) Too funny! Darned dogs!



Mom spotted these. Turkeys are all over the place around here!


















Frank! Looking all happy panty and cute!




































Just a shot of some of the moss hanging off the trees. I think a wide-angle lens would really catch this. Maybe more afternoon light to have more shade and good natural light that is not so bright.




































Here we are on the way back, since I am not supposed to do hill work yet. Frank, Mom, Jessie, Joe, all enjoying the morning weather.

I tried to get a decent pic of this, but I don't have three hands. Sadie is shooting while I demonstrate the stranding method for knitting with two or more colors. I tend to switch around, but traditionally, you hold the background color in your dominant hand, (in this case, black) and the contrast color in the off hand for the colorwork. I knit continental style, not European, so those who knit that way will want to switch.

This is Dave's Pirate hat. I can't wait to get it done! It will be a lot of fun to wear and hopefully make a bunch more for his faithful customers.

School started this week. Here's to all the single moms that survived the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment