Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday melancholy

Feeling a bit blue this weekend. The fall rains came way too early this year.  I mean rain, people. I woke up several times during the night listening to it pour.  Crazy stuff. Rain usually brings me to a place of - well not necessarily sad, more towards.. melancholy I suppose. Maybe as I go along I will find a better word. (In case you haven't noticed, my 3 followers, I don't edit much. It's all raw and out there).

When I woke up Saturday morning, I noticed how it was foggy and light, so I went out and took a few pictures in the garden.

Love the somber feel to this.


Sunflower in the fog.. I love it!

Adds to the melancholy..





Black-eyed Susan






I love the colors in this flower!


The gray hat is done. I'm looking for a model to post for you all to see. Pirate hat is almost done. It's just down to the decreases.

Oh! on a side note: My good friend, John Darrow, who you can find staying up all night with his webcam on Ustream (the 3rd cam) emailed me and I have another knitter friend!  I love how such a humble craft
can bring people together.

You can also find John's website at www. phoons.com where there is a phenomenon called "phooning" that has rocked the non-tradtional traveler's world. You should check it out!

Not sure why this darned blog won't align left all of a sudden. Grr! Hope you enjoy the pictures. I am off to finish the hat, and start another project, and whittle away at some w.i.p.'s.
Enjoy your Sunday.










1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm the knitter who found you through John! Great pictures, today. We were talking about how many needles you're using on the pirate hat; we thought we saw three in the picture, so I concluded you're knitting on DPNs. Is that right?

    And in your post just before "Adds to the melancholy.." there must be a "center" tag in your HTML. Bet if you deleted it, you'd line up on the left again.

    I haven't posted in my blog in quite a while, but it's there if you want to check out old projects and such.

    Try to stay dry this week!

    ReplyDelete