Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have a mannequin. I use her to display things I have made. Lately I have noticed that my mannquin is losing weight. She came to live with us from Ebay, cost over 200$, and has been the subject of conversation everywhere I take her. Now, I have to decide if she's becoming anorexic or something. I made a size small halter top for my daughter Sadie, and it's too big for her. I'm not sure how this happened, but I'll be investigating this further.
I am excited about moving into my new sewing area. It will be private, yet chilly, because my mother's house isn't finished yet, but free space is nothing to complain about. I have this tidal wave of art quilt ideas I want to bring to fruition, and have'nt had the time to do so.
I hate making scrub hats all of a sudden. The redundancy must be getting to me, much like when you have to make a garter stitch blanket. (I am a BIG FAN of the Yarn Harlot). The same thing everyday would make me crazy.
I wish I had a whole week. Seven whole days. sun up to sun down. No kids. just Sew/create time. What a birthday present that would be! OH the joy of the things I could do! I'd be sitting in a pool of tears the first day because I wouldn't know where to start! Should I finish the ten thousand projects I already have in various stages of finished? Or should I start that jacket I've been promising mother I'd make for the last three years? Oh and there's that knitting thing I need to do for my daughter. Oh and....'
I shouldn't torture my delicate mind with such fantasy. Back to work, Back to school, back to reality. Kids, work, moving, driving, cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment