Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Projects and Time stealers

In between moving out of the rental and into my new little home, there are still projects to be done. I have several customer's items that need to be hemmed, zippered, finished, crocheted, knitted and most importantly, FINISHED and RETURNED to their proper location so I can get PAID. Simple enough? Hardly.
Haven't you wondered why, when you schedule time and have the luxury to say to yourself " Okay. tonight's the night. I have three hours where I don't have to do anything except work on projects. " and all of a sudden the phone rings, you know you shouldn't answer it, but it's your mom calling and she's like, " are you doing anything later?" .. THE QUESTION from HELL when it comes to my mom. If I say, " NO", then she's got loads of 'chores' or even better: " It will only take a few minutes" - that turns into sucking up all the time you had working on HER projects instead of yours. If I say "YES", then I still get the "Oh it will only take a few" to .. " well, I was going to fix everyone dinner afterwards", and the ever-popular, "Well Okay" .. with the dreaded knowing that I shunned helping my mother and I will suffer the consequences for the rest of my days and how dare I deny my ability to drop anything that I am doing to run and jump for her absolute necessary thing she needs done right the hell now and what kind of daughter am I for treating a mother like this??? AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...okay, breathe.
It's like some "needy mom radar" goes off and she knows that I have a spare moment. Or that I might just remotely be considering sitting down and have nothing to do with my hands. Okay I know, I'm ranting on mom. Moms. Motherhood.
I have managed to get the zipper replaced. I'm enjoying zippers a lot more than I used to. They can be a pain in the ass to replace on coats though. The shirts are another story. It was supposed to be just an easy hem, but they are Hawiian Rayon button ups, and would hang funny if I just folded up the hem one inch. I'm ripping out the whole hem, re-positioning the side vents, and re-hemming. That takes a while.
I have also made several scrub hats. I really like the fabric Bethany picked out for hers. Skulls are the new flowers anymore. I see skulls on kids of all ages, styles and tastes. My friend Jill even has a purple skull hoodie! totally cute!
I even knit a few rows on the blue wool socks I started in May. Might even get them done this weekend in beween packing boxes and moving furniture. Not like there's anything else to do.
What? Oh craptastic. Mom's calling on the cell..

No comments:

Post a Comment