Saturday, November 7, 2009

Catching up a bit, yah?



































The Socks were made for my mother's best friend, Kathy. She is also a great quilting guru among our "Blockheads" quilt group. Kathy retired this year, which, to me is a great accomplishment. I am proud to know her, and hope she has many happy creating years ahead. Anyway, these socks are wool, and I made them big so she can run them through the cold water wash and they will felt down just a little. They make great slouchy house socks (that's what I call them anyway) I have a pair. They are nice for sleeping in on cold nights, and to putter around in the mornings. (I don't like slippers much. They make my feet sweat.)

The Wallquilts are something I made a while ago out of Laurel Burch fabrics, gold fabric paint, and Amish Black Kona cotton. I have these for sale at DonTerra Gallery in Sisters, Oregon. I think the Green one already sold. You can check them out at: http://www.donterra.com and find my name in the Artist Registry.

I like to make stuff. All kinds of stuff. Even when I have to study rational expressions in my Algebra class, I still make stuff.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment