Saturday, November 28, 2009

What a heel




I'm working on the Nutkin sock for a Christmas present with Plymouth Sockotta yarn (cotton/wool). I really enjoy the pattern. It's easy to remember and works up quickly even with small needles. (I'm using a 2.5mm, where the pattern calls for a 1.5mm) That makes up for the larger size I need. Anyway, all this includes a short row heel. I tried it several times, and after frogging more than my patience allows, just switched to a regular back-and-forth heel (sl1, k1, p the w side) and pondered about that short-row heel. Why does it even exist? Sure it keeps you from working back and forth, but what's so intimidating about picking up stitches? I suppose we al have our preferences. I look for fast and easy. I admire those that try to keep the "old ways" alive, but I guess my gauge is too loose. oh well.

Everybody is getting socks or Mitts this year. I just don't have the time I had last year what with school and work taking up all my extra time. I went to all the trouble of setting up a sewing room, begging Mother for some space, and have only stepped foot in it to clean or add a box of projects long overdue.

Finals week is Dec 9th. after that, the time is MINE. All. Mine. ( I hope, anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment