Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keep on Knitting












These pictures are a little better than the earlier ones. I was on lunch break and the natural light just looks better. I would input that they are much more purple than blue. I've finished the first one and now working the leg of his mate. I can't stress enough how easy these are to knit. I don't even need the pattern for the second.
The Wonderful green hank on the right is Cascade 220 yarn. 100% wool, and I started the February Lady sweater with it. You can find it on Ravelry. ( Cool!! I just learned how to post a link!!)

I am not impressed with myself with my Fall term grades at College. When I was all High speed-low drag to get back to the books, I really didn' t consider the time demands and how many different ways I got pulled. I took two really hard classes, and never had enough study time. I guess I'm trying to justify myself somehow, but dammit, I had so much going on, and to get a solid block of time all to myself- well that just didn't happen. I'm not quitting tho. Just backing off and re-grouping. Still have full - time credits, just pairing an easier class with a hard one.

When all this gets to me, I shut down and start knitting. I can think, I can organize, and keep sane. Millions of things going through my head. My friends say, "why do you need to keep going to school? What's wrong with your income? By the time you're done your kids will be all grown up anyway.".. My family.." You're running out of time. You need to hurry or you'll be too old." I need quiet. Mental quiet.
My daughter listens to the radio all night.. I don't mind the music but the commercials- I could reach through the radio and pull that ^$&(&* announcer right through by his ball hairs.

Not to mention, on top of all of this, we are having RECORD COLD WEATHER HERE. My cozy little 5th wheel doesn't have water (froze) or a toilet(not hooked up). It is 11' out. You try going pee out in a portable john and enjoy that little thrill of sitting on a frozen plastic seat. OH yeah. Bring it, baby! If I can make it through all this.. well I will be one HELL of a Physician Assistant. There won't be anything that some patient will whine at me for that I can't find a solution.

OH yeah that reminds me. Now that it's Christmas break, I gotta start applying for Scholarships!.. (Essays, Essays, Essays..)

"Just keep knitting, just keep knitting , knitting knitting.." (crazy giggle here..)

No comments:

Post a Comment