Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rockin on




Unfortunately, my cell phone camera is not working as wonderful as I would like.

This is my new project. The pattern is called Twist, by Chic Knits. I'm making it for my mom. Her Birthday is Valentine's day, so I have a few weeks to get it done. When I helped her organized her storage, I stumbled upon some Tahki Donegal Tweed, but not enough to make a sweater. So I bought some Cascade 220 in the closest red I could find. I will be using the Tweed for the ribbings, and the Cascade for the Cables. I think it looks okay so far, but will have to prove it to you with some better pictures.

Everyone starts up school next week, but for now we're focusing on the New Year's Celebration. I'm going to see a movie with a dear friend, and my girls will stay at home and watch Joe and movies and eat junk food. I used to like the party scene, but nowadays I don't like the idea of drinking and driving. Plus I live too far out to deal with a cab. So we will hang at the local pub for a few rounds and then call it a night. 
It sure seems like the first decade of the 21st century went by awful fast. I really thought, years ago, that I would finish this decade in a much different place. Amazing how much things change.

In the meantime, it's back to work, back to school, and back to the knitting. I'm also planning on a sweater for my brother's fiancee`, Laura. She's such a sweetie, and her birthday is Feb 17. I wonder how fast i can knit two sweaters...??
Outside the moon is almost full. It's our Blue Moon. It is the extra moon (13th, to be exact) in our year. So I hope it brings all of you luck and hope for a wonderful 2010. I need all I can get.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment