Monday, July 5, 2010

Beeaaddddsss!!


Stuff I have been working on:
1: Freshwater pearl necklace with lampworked glass pendant. So far, my favorite.


My next Favorite:
Seed beads, large accent beads, and GORGEOUS copper/black pendant! oooh this was fun to design!


This is all glass beads and such. I re-string the seed beads to make sure the necklace lasts a long time.


Haven't quite decided how to put this together yet, but the colors are fan.tas.tic!


Such a sweet combination of purple and green. Some young lady will love this when it's done!


This is dyed agate. It resembles Larimar, or Dolphin Stone as it's more comonly known. One of the rarest stones in the world. You can only get it in the Dominican Republic. I have some real larimar, but it's very expensive. up to 20$ a gram in some places. I'm still playing with the idea of multi-strands to go with it, not to over take the beautiful colors.


The Pendant is a shell, dyed and features a gold overlay with a clear gloss finish. I really liked the big gold beads at first, but after taking the pics, I'm thinking about just using the smaller fire-polished Czech beads, so as to not overtake the pendant.

I have quite a few more ready to put together, but wanted to share with you, the reader, some of what I've been doing. It's so much fun, and very rewarding. I enjoy the challenge of changing gears by switching from knitting to beads, to sewing and crochet.. it's my therapy, I suppose.
This might be a good time to plug the "it's okay to have a huge stash of in- progress projects..".. it keeps your mind busy as well as your hands, and I rarely ever watch TV, therefore being blissfully igorant of the world falling apart around me. Ha!

Never be afraid to try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment