Friday, November 26, 2010

Knitting ADD(iction?)

Thanksgiving Day was one of the BEST holidays ever for me. I didn't spend it with my family this year.
(Not saying that I don't have great holidays with them, just telling the story).

What made it really awesome was that nothing went wrong. Nothing. How rare is that? JB and I kept the meal traditional, simple and yummy. But everything cooked well, came out to the table at pretty much all the same time, nothing burned, fell apart, tasted bad, or didn't get eaten. (That's the best kind of way to tell ;)

Everyone there was happy, funny, and easy to get along with. I made friends with JB's friends, and we laughed and talked and drank and ate late-late-late into the night.  JB got a hot tub and she was so ecstatic to have it all ready to sit in. Ahh.. nothing is quite as relaxing as far as I am concerned.

So after a day of food, fun, laughter, and friendship, the Hot tub was sure the grand finale. I felt like room-temperature butter. Slept like the dead. For me, I'm adding to the "best day ever" book. (It's getting fuller the older I get).

I have knitting ADD right now. I swatched a bunch of yarns to get in the habit, because yes, I am one of "them" that try and cheat and skip that step. It burnt me pretty good a few skeins back, so I decided if I were going to get really serious about all this, I need to behave like a true knitter that people will follow.
I only have one set of each size of Addi 16" circulars, and I'm in hat mode. I have started 4 different hats, and all require the same size needles. Yep, I frogged each . and. every. one. (eeeeeeeee!!!! I KNOW!!)
My sister got my name for Christmas, I put "16" circs-3-9 on my Wish List.

Started an entrelac scarf, and remembered the Knit Picks Entrelac Hat kit I bought a while back on clearance. Mom cut her hair really short- it's cute- and decided she needed some cute slouchy hats. I feel useful now..



Entrelac at the beginning. 8-Stitch blocks




Just a few short hours later..



Sock yarn swatch for a customer. Superwash Wool/acrylic.






Gull Stitch sample with Pink Wool heather.



Patons 100% Wool



Lace Pattern with my Red Sock yarn.


closer view of detail. Lots of Ktbl (knit two through the back loop) on this one.


My Kids getting ready to feed the horses.


Hungry girls!



















So now, I am going to do lots of sewing and knitting this weekend, getting ready for my first Christmas Bazaar in a long time! I hope to get a few orders.

I will have some pics of the Entrelac hat by Sunday for you all to enjoy. Which reminds me.. I should get another video up. Too many things and not enough time! yeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment