Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter is officially here

A dreary, cold, rainy weekend has reaped benefits in the way of me forcing myself to sit down and sew. Scrub hats are being made, swatches knitted, ideas sketched, alterations/repairs worked on. Joe likes to "help" me by making a mess with the fabric and yarn as I knit/ sew. It's annoying and endearing at the same time. I think about taking time to see if he would be receptive to learning to sew or knit as young as he is.
The kids in other countries learn handicrafts at a pretty early age, and my Gansey and Aran knitting books all have historical photos of children standing around with a sweater half-finished hanging off their bent needles.

I got the idea to write little "Thank-You' notes to everyone at work for a little Thanksgiving gift. We have been busting butt all year, and those of us that are still working (there's a huge turnover rate among surgery centers) I want to be the voice of encouragement. We have not had it easy. Four-hour days here, 12-hour days there, sometimes no lunch, no breaks and rarely does anyone get told "good job".

Not than I'm complaining. I am very thankful to have a job. I hear of so many who don't. It's just not my work of choice. That is why I keep creating, designing, brainstorming ideas and all that you see and read about.

It's too dark to take pics of what I'm working on right now. I will put some up tomorrow or later today after Joe and I have had our nap.

The rain is coming down so hard it sounds like rocks hitting the roof of my Redneck Condo.

Warm wishes, my Sunday creators. Warm wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment