Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A new chapter

Just when you think that it will NEVER end...
It does.

Seems like forever ago I started this surgical technology program, and yesterday, I'm sitting in orientation at my new job! And I mean NEW. The building is new, the equipment was getting unloaded off the truck and being unpacked, NEW.
This is what it's all about, people! Success never felt so good! I know I'm not a Physician's assistant yet, just another step up the professional ladder, but damn it feels good. I have a sucky cough, though, and can't get any sleep, but hell! who cares? (I've been up since 0230, can you tell?)

I haven't been able to knit of crochet or sew much due to all of this, but I did put a few more rows on my Aurora socks. (I'll have a pic later) and cut out a few more scrub hats. I have a few plans to get down to the Oregon Horse Center with my big Industrial machine and fix horse blankets. There is a little extra money to be made, even tho everyone is broke, the ones that persevere will prevail.
There is a consignment shop that just opened here in Marcola, and from peeking in the windows, looks like a great mish-mash of collectibles, pack rat pick-ups, and other trinkets to satisfy the 'collector's palate.
Drill team is gearing up for our first performance. I'm a little nervous, but glad it's not going to be judged- well in the competitive sense, anyway. We do look pretty good, and the spacing is getting better, I just have that "I'm a fat girl on a horse" cloud hanging over my head. Yeah, I know- get over it, or lose the frikkin weight, Marilyn!
I went to bed at 730 last night. Just too tired to exercise. Plus, this stupid cough is really kicking my butt. Okay, I'm whining. Sorry.
wow, it's almost time to get up! Now I'm ready to go back to bed! I'd stay home, but it's "picture badge" day.. pheh!

No comments:

Post a Comment