Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Old Friends

I admit, I have a Facebook page. I tried Myspace, there's too much 'distraction' and, frankly, a lot of it can be 'not very nice'. But FB, now, there is what's happening! I can hardly believe the amount of people that have caught up with me, or I have found. I connected with the relatives, because it's easier to keep in touch since they are all over the state.
I know I sound like a FB commercial, but get this. I have gotten to know people I barely knew in High School! It's a lot of fun re-connecting and such. Of course, I'm also finding out that I am totally NOT the same person I was years ago. Thank God some of us change.
Although there are some drawbacks. You can add so many Applications (little time-wasters, I call them) that you may need a new computer just for FB. My mother won't get on because she says she has no time.(fair enough) So I keep in touch with her friends for her! Like I have this obligation to be mom's "life reporter"..LoL
It's a good thing overall as long as it stays innocent enough. I'm sure the bad guys are already out there stalking, etc. My daughter is on it and I have friends and relatives "watching" to help me keep her out of trouble.
For the most part, it's fun, and is one of the only reasons I still get on the computer unless I'm on another blog, or checking out books on Amazon, or looking for new ideas for Western clothing.
OOps, gotta check the home page to see if there are any updates..

No comments:

Post a Comment