Wednesday, March 11, 2009

People watching

I just started "Twittering" today. It's really kind of fun, and my younger, prettier cousin is following me and I her.
I suppose you could call "twitter" a way to launch random thoughts and 'what i'm doing now' types of line out there with my cell phone.
My cousin entered that she was people watching a while ago and that got me to thinking..
One time in a bar, some friends and I stayed sober the whole night and just people watched. Sure we danced and had fun, but watching everything going on around us was the one of the most entertaining things I have ever witnessed.
Typical country bar scene, just add a little "meat market" to the mix and you get the idea. In on corner, the 'girls night out" crew, loud, boisterous girls making themselves the center of attention, then the ones that sit at the bar and do the serious drinking, usually looking for a fight later on.
The 'first daters' are always obvious. Eyes only for each other, nauseatingly affectionate, especially after a lot of drinking.
It's interesting to see that no matter how many years go by and the generations that come and go, the people stay the same. Our behaviour has not modified much, if at all. Sure there's more violence, and to the opposite, tolerance, but the bell curve would not look much different than it did 20, 30, 50 years ago.
Interesting, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment