Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some Things I've made but didn't get posted til now
















This is my oldest daughter, Sadie. These photos are a couple of years old, but that's okay. I made this wrap for my grandmother for Christmas. I used "Baby Monkey" yarn that was so very soft! The dark blue is an Acrylic worsted, and the light blue is "Angel" from Jo-Ann's. The stripey combination was sort of me just knitting off the cuff. No pattern, no real idea what was going to happen until it was finished. We had a good time modeling the photos too.













This is my youngest daughter, Emily. She is wearing "Cotton Candy" mitts I made for her about the same time as the Blue Wrap. I used Caron Super Soft (which it really is!) and some discount fuzzy yarn with pink, peach and yellow bumps. I think I used 6 dpns, and just made it up as I went along. There is just a bound-off stitch or two for the thumb hole, then cast on after a few rows. I like making things without patterns, just to see what happens. It keeps my creative spirit busy.






These socks were finished early 2009 for my mom's best friend, Kathy. She retired and  I wanted her to have some nice, wooly early morning socks. I forgot to take pics when they were finished, but they were just plain 'ol socks. I like to make them with a 2x2 rib, all the way down the leg so there's lots of room (slouchy) If they get washed, they will still be nice over a pair of cotton socks.

This last week has been pretty much just work, homework, and keeping up with family drama. I haven't added even one row since last Sunday on mom's sweater. Sigh. Oh well, I'm just glad all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment