Thursday, June 3, 2010

Drewsey, Oregon





This is a sample of where I grew up. Drewsey, Oregon.
It's in the Northeast corner of Harney County, the largest in the state (with the smallest population). High Desert Country, it hosts hunting, fishing, hiking, ranches and rodeos.





This is my father's mother, Kathleen. She is 100 percent Irish. We like it that way. She'll be celebrating her 87th birthday this coming November.
I wish I lived closer a lot of the time. She always has good stories and advice for  anyone who will listen.



















My "Little" brother, Cody. He was lucky enough to get a BLM job out in Burns, about 45 miles west of Drewsey. He took his and my kids fishing.



Joe learning how to fish. He had a great time! That's the Middle Fork of the Malheur River behind him.




My neice, Cailyn and Emily, catching bass like there was no tomorrow!


Sadie and Skye finding a better spot to 'hang out'



\

This is wild onion. It grows all over the place. I love seeing them among the Sagebrush. It smells like onion though. ;)



Joe is showing you, the view. So pretty!

I hope you enjoyed my little presentation. If you are ever feeling crowded, or just need a quiet place to think, come out to Oregon's Big Country and leave your troubles in the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment