Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Raiding the stash


Not sure why the photo is elongated. I think the blog code changes on a daily basis. One time, I can't upload photos. Other times, it won't let me edit text (hence, the spelling/grammar/formatting errors in previous posts)..

What you see here is some wool I found in my stash that was actually a part of my mother's stash, which makes it pretty darn old. It's soft, yet wooly, and my grand mother's birthday is coming up (okay, I missed it by two days..so far..) and I decided to "whip up" some comfy house socks for her.

The phone and Beer are 'props'.. hahaha. The book is "The Knitter's Book of Patterns" which is one of my most-used books. I like to take yarn, needles I want to use, knit a swatch, and use this book to get my gauge for the item I want to make. Then, I use other patterns that will fit into my stitch count, and Voila! My original creations!





I still think the camera has too much blue in this. I wonder if Blue is the hardest color for a camera to re-produce. It really is a turqoise colored yarn.
 Just about halfway through the first sock, I will update later.

I wonder how many other projects I have on the sticks.. hmm. there's the sweater, a couple of dishrags. some other socks..a baby blanket to bind off..mumble mumble..


No comments:

Post a Comment