Sunday, June 20, 2010

proud moments





This is acrylic. Red Heart everyday stuff. It wears well, crochets up quickly with a big hook (I'm using N hook), and the varigated yarn adds interest to a simple pattern.



This is "Pink Ripple" pattern from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton. It is a lot of fun to do and easy to memorize after a few rows. I like the way the blues all fade in and out. So far, there hasn't been too much "bunching" of color.







Damn! This camera does some good close-ups! Here you go. A row of double crochet, then a row of single. Easy. Fun. Fast.



From the previous second hand store post, This is the progress I made while on vacation. I am now thinking it is a cotton/linen blend, but still haven't ruled out bamboo. I am posting it on my Ravlery profile to see if anyone else might know what it is. I cast on 100 stitches with 10.5 needles, and did a 5-stitch garter border, and 2k,2p pattern. ( I think it's called double moss stitch. Not sure here..I just started knitting.)  I didn't want to have the pattern take away from the beautiful colorway. just enough texture to enhance.


The closer look shows the wonderful sheen this yarn has. It is has such a soft hand and buttery drape. A joy to knit!
Here's a good close look for you. What do you think it is?


Aaand, the finished product two days later! Ta-dahh!! Thanks to Aunt Marian and Uncle Mark for their wonderful background view of Lake Washington.




And another closer look. I want to find more of that yarn and knit these until I lose the baby blanket bug.

On to more projects!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous blanket. I really like the colors in the yarn.

    ReplyDelete