Thursday, December 30, 2010

my version of Neveah








This is just a few pictures of the Columbia Gorge. That is on the Washington Side, just North and East of Hood River, Oregon. I drive the gorge frequently due to the custody arrangement. I enjoy the drive. Let's just keep it at that.



    
I was experimenting with my camera, and used the panoramic setting a few times, but still have some learning to do. like how far to move the camera after the first click, etc.


The I-84 sits right on the river, so what you are seeing are very tall, very steep cliffs. Some -well- Most of the best views of the Oregon side are when you are on the Washington side. (we are on the Oregon side. I held the camera high in the air for this one too see how it would work.)


Here's Joe. He likes getting his picture taken. It was VERY windy. We were just a few minutes ahead of the storm you see rolling off the cliffs.

My Christmas present to me: Stopping at the LYS in Hood River. With money. Not a lot of money, but still .. ;)



View of Knot another Hat's front door.



The cutest and softest booties I have ever seen! They have wonderful displays. You can order from them online as well. http://www.knotanotherhat.com/   they have a nice rewards program. (spend X amount of dollars, get X amount of savings)

I drooled over the hanks of yarn that were already beaded. Forgot to photograph that though.. you will have to look yourself!

Hood River is a beautiful town. I have tons of pics in earlier blogs. That day the streets were snowy, the town was full of shoppers, and it really felt like Christmas.

There is also a local Llama and Alpaca ranch up towards the mountain ( Mnt. Hood for you non-locals;) I petted some Llama yarn at the LYS and it's quite nice. Comparable to soft wool.

What did I buy? Oh. just you look. Creamy, soft, melty, buttery, I-can't-wait-to-make-something-with baby Alpaca!! Neveah!!





I noticed  that my camera lens is a little dirty. Must have drooled while taking pictures. This yarn is soft as a kitten! I am actually going to make something for Moi this time. Yes, me myself and I. I know! amazing, isn't it. Us knitters actually making things for ourselves. Rare moments, rare indeed.

My daughter and her friend are going to model some of the hats I have finished and will put them up for a New Year's blog to end the old year with pretty things.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I am! More details of that later. ;) Here's a teaser- Old boyfriend, new re-connection. 20 years. Very sparkly. We were so young...

No comments:

Post a Comment