Sunday, January 2, 2011

Add your New Year's Cliche here

Epic! Awesome! Amazing! Magical! Okay, I'm done. Happy New Year!!
I remember waaaay back in 1987 listening to Prince's "Party like it's 1999" and reeling at the fact that I would be.. OMG 34! in 2000. Now, it's 2011, and, like 'Maxine" I could give a rip less how old I am. Besides - "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage" (Indiana Jones). Every mile has a memory for me. And I am SO glad I'm past the young mindset. I would much rather re-live my 30's than I would EVER my 20's.
Do you think about that?

In the meantime, let's ring in the new year with beauty.


My daughter wearing "Vicki"

Such girly girly-ness!

My mother's hat, "Berries" knitted with Knit Picks Pattern.


Yvette Entrelac Beret and Mitts from Knit Picks.


And the back view. They will love to see you walk away too!
 Such a wonderful way to end the old year.

I fufilled one dream already. I have a pattern for sale on Ravelry! I was so giddy with excitement I made like 3 trips to the bathroom when I got it all uploaded, opened my store, etc. (that's yet another tale to tell- let's just say I am glad I know my way around a computer). But, success! the "Mossy" hat is a pattern! yay!

Another goal is to open a storefront on Facebook, and get some more instructional videos up on Ustream. And get into OSU full time, and finish my Bachelor's degree. I like learning, but come on. I will be paying off student loans when I'm retired if I don't get my patootey in gear.

Other than that, the usual applies. (here's the cliche` part in case you missed it). Eat better, exercise more, blah blah blah..

What are some of your plans? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment