Tuesday, February 8, 2011

determination

I finally ordered it! My Carolina Yarn Bell! I bought the "land and sky" version. I find it amazing how a simple piece of pottery will make my everyday knitting experience that much more beautiful.

And, Speaking of beautiful, Here's what I've been working on lately:











My latest quest is my new blog, http://1000hatproject.blogspot.com/ . It is my way of making a few extra dollars as well as making a statement about how a single mom can go to college online without scholarships (since that little detail has seem to fallen behind in the scholarship community)

I have an average of three hats at a time on the sticks. I took a quick detour to cast on "Girl Friday" http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall09/PATTgirlfriday.php for my mom. I totally spaced out  the little chestnut of information that her birthday is next Monday.  I know. "dude! that's Valentine's day! HOW could you forget that!?!" I know, I know. My only excuse is that it's been a crazy weekend due to homework, sick boy, and worrying about how to pay for college.

I have a reclaimed stash of yarn from Drops called "Alaska" in color 36 (deep plum) saved a few years ago from a frogged sweater I was making for my brother's Ex. (Good thing I didn't finish it, eh? that yarn is NOT cheap).

So here I am, blogging furiously so I can get  busy on the project to try and furiously finish. The back is 81 stitches, 4" of k1,p1 ribbing to get done before I go to  bed. Better find another pair of size 8 straights. I could start the fronts and get the ribbing all done at the same time.. Then I could sleep four hours a night, stay up all night Friday.. nap saturday.. mumble mumble..yeah. I am certifiable.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your mad cap, random thoughts (blog?) which ever. You inspire me to stay positive, regardless what is going on and that life's hardness can lead to laughter, even when it seems impossible. I am so glad you are back in my life. Love you, Squig

    ReplyDelete