Thursday, February 17, 2011

to me from me love me

Valentine's day wasn't much fun for me. Nobody to send flowers, chocolate or the like. Most of the time that doesn't bother me.
This year it did.
I think it's because I will be 45. I think I am having a midlife meltdown. It is a process, and as long as I'm aware of it, I suppose I'll be alright.
(oh b.s., Marilyn. this is your heart speaking. I'm really empty. Tired of waiting for the right person to come along. What the hell, girl? You are running out of time!)

Excuse me. something got stuck in my eye.

My present to me:


Carolina Yarn Bell. Earth and Sky color. I want all five colorways.

Happy Valentine's Day, Marilyn. Keep it together, someone will find you. Never give up.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Valentines Day sucked! I got a phone call from the other half. I was so greatful for the amazing effort put forth to pressing the send button and making the contact...OH, BULLSHIT! Then, I had to go to work and see the many LARGE vases full of red roses, ugh..I am happy for the girls with the guys that have the initiative to actually look up a florist, make the call, get out the credit card and make the purchase!! God, what a guy! Then, with a small emotional breakdown behind me, I reason out in my head of course, that it isn't about the damn flowers or the chocolate or some other meaningless trinket. It is about the time... someone actually stopped what they were doing, thought enough of someone else (for most guys, this is an amazing feat) and followed through with a very nice gesture. So, next year, maybe we will be prepared for the non-gift we will receive. The moral of this story is that even if you are married or have a significant other, you can never count on them to gift when really appropriate or when we really, really need it.
    Yours truly, Squig

    ReplyDelete