Thursday, August 12, 2010

Getting better

I had surgery on my left knee last week. I now have a new ACL (anterior cruciate ligament- if you don't know what that is). Sitting here at my computer desk is rather agonizing, I must say. I have had to take a few weeks of of work (bad) but am actually able to get some projects done (good).

First, there's this:























The hat is a lot of fun to make, 8 rounds, repeat in the horseshoe pattern. I need to practice a little better attention to what round I am on. But a good first try. Better pictures later.


Then, there's this:
























My Forever blanket. I used leftover yarn, yarn I found at yardsales, goodwills, second hand stores, yarn that was given to me my whatever means, and just used a huge crochet hook, didn't even count how many chains I did, and two rows per color. Sometimes one, depending on how I liked it. I didn't change it if I didnt' like it. Just kept adding rows. This darn thing sat next to the bed for almost 6 months before I got back to it. Now it's done! I love it. It's heavy, soft, and always interesting to look at.
My mom wants one now. :)

And, here's a good shot of the day I came home from surgery to entertain you all. :)





















That was my leg last Wednesday.  The blue thing is an ice pack and OH was that nice.


























The chair where I spent all my time recuperating..
I won't show you my leg. ew.

I've already started a skinny scarf for Mom. She found a yarn in the bin she liked.
I think I will make yet another Forever blanket and sell it at the Christmas Bazaar. Fun!











No comments:

Post a Comment