Thursday, August 25, 2011

sometimes you just have to go with it


My trampycat Jezebell is a wonder in her own right.

I rescued this cat from the neighbor of my daycare lady's. Jezzy was pretty much a young lady when I got her. Black and white, golden eyes, very girly looking. She loves to 'come in'. And she loves to 'go out'.  She got the name Jezebell because she was in heat from the moment I brought her home. My Veterinarian sister and I couldn't coordinate a time to get her 'fixed' fast enough, and BAM. Four kittens (well three after the first week- one died as a result of being moved too many times. Mom couldn't make up her mind).

We like her even though she can be really annoying. I want in, I want out. blah blah blah. Make up your mind please, cat. I think anyone with a cat understands. We still have two kids left, Jefe' and Nook (my daughters have claimed them as theirs) and they've made friend with the barn cats, all is in balance. For the most part.

My trampycat is a freak of nature. I swear.

Oh sure, she catches mice, brings them in for me to see, purr-rows all over how proud she is.

But- (here's where it gets good)

She's a gutter kitty. Literally.

Get this- So  I have been finding  blackish-green goey strips of greeny gooey stuff. I initially thought it was the buildup of grass off the lawnmower blade, and one of the dogs was dragging it around for chewy-toy doggie fun.

Not so.

Nosirree. Mom and I are chatting outside yesterday morning and I had just mentioning the previous observation, and we both see Jezebell on the roof of the barn. The cat is walking along the edge of the roof, eyeballing the gutter. Mom and I watch, with the classic "what the hell?" looks on our faces, as we witness this cat going into the gutter, sticking her head in the gutter, and peeling out a long, blackish-green strip of blackish green goeyness. She drags it out, and purr-row?-ing like she just caught the monster of all mouses.
I look at mom. She looks at me. We both start laughing.

Gutter cat. My trampycat has downgraded to gutter kitty. OH the shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment