Thursday, August 18, 2011

he's moving in

Folks, I'd like you to meet my new date. His name is Motivation.
 (Ha! You thought.. hahahahaha!)  Not yet anyway..

Motivation has been in and out of my life for the past few years, but mostly out since I had to downsize my life to a Pearl-sized form of living. (Pearl is my Redneck condo, a 32'x8' RV. Keep up please- otherwise go back to the very beginning of this blog here.)

Anyhoo. After blowing out my ACL last summer, Motivation moved out pretty much permanently and Procrastination and Downward Spiral parked on the couch with chips and beer. I had made several attempts to get them out of this place because there really is no room for it, and college classes don't get along well with those two lazy jerks. I think Depression may have twittered about me a time or two also. Hate that guy. I was having a hard time.

No, it took much more than that. 45th birthday loomed in the future, along with being the largest person at a wedding, not to mention the thought of not being in 'hiring shape' after I get my Bachelor's degree is what really did it. (I don't care what you say, if you don't look good outside, you won't get a better job during a career change at 45).

Call it Midlife Crisis if you want. I don't care. I just know that- thanks to my friends and local moms, we finished our first week of "Bootcamp", an intense workout that is pretty much like I remembered Boot Camp to be. (Except our trainer was a little more.. 'nice' shall we say? ;)

We all made it, nobody quit, and even though I can barely move my arms to type this posting, I feel like a zillion dollars. Ready for week two, and after that, I'm going to attempt P90X. Motivation and I are getting into a serious relationship. It's also spilling over into other aspects of my life as well, because Organization is coming by more often as well as Creativity and Time Management. So glad to see those guys around. We do coffee a lot.

It's a start, I have a long way to go, but hey- moving in the right direction sure helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment